Super cute and yummy treats kids will love.
Cornflake Christmas Wreaths & Rice Krispie Snowmen
9 Wreaths, 6 Snowmen
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 11/25/2020
CORNFLAKE CHRISTMAS WREATHS:
- ¼ Cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups corn flake cereal
- Red cinnamon candy, for garnish
RICE KRISPIE SNOWMEN:
- ¼ Cup butter
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- Gel icings in decorating bags
- Chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips
- Jelly beans
- Cinnamon candies
- Pretzel sticks
- Licorice ribbons or fruit leather (fruit roll-ups are best)
- Peanut butter cups
CORNFLAKE CHRISTMAS WREATHS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and food coloring. Stir until marshmallows have melted and color is uniform.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in almond extract and corn flake cereal until cereal is coated evenly.
- Drop piles of corn flake cereal mixture onto wax paper in 9 even mounds. Allow to cool enough to touch.
- Grease hands with cooking spray. Form piles of cereal mixture into wreaths.
- Press cinnamon candies into wreaths in clusters to look like holly berries.
RICE KRISPIE SNOWMEN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and cereal until evenly distributed.
- Grease ½-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Scoop cereal mixture onto wax paper in ½ cup portions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Grease hands with cooking spray. Shape each portion of cereal into round ball. Stack two balls on top of each other to create a snowman.
- Decorate snowmen:
- Pretzels for arms
- Icing or chocolate chips for eyes
- Icing or cinnamon candies for buttons
- Licorice ribbons or fruit roll ups for scarves
- Peanut butter cups glued in place with icing for tophats.