Kelsey Barnard Clark of "Top Chef," is making a delicious batch of cookies with an unusual ingredient.
Cornflake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep. Time: 75 mins., Cook Time: 14 mins.
- 2 1/2 C AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt + 1 tsp to sprinkle (kosher course)
- 2 sticks soft unsalted butter
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c cornflakes
- Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Whisk flour, baking soda and in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a stand mixer.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients in the stand mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cornflakes. Do not use stand mixer because you want to avoid crushing the cornflakes!
- Scoop onto sheet tray in 4 oz. scoops.
- Sprinkle with Maldon salt.
- Freeze cookie dough until firm, about an hour.
- Bake cookies for 14 minutes in oven.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Tip: Make a big batch of cookie dough and keep frozen in shape of scoops until ready to use.