Directions for Arugula Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 225˚. Prepare the roasted tomatoes. While the tomatoes are roasting, cool the fingerling potatoes in a small sauce pot of salted boiling water until they are soft but not mushy. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool before slicing.
2. Preheat the oven to 400˚. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Layer the bottom of the pan with the cooked fingerling potato slices, roasted tomatoes, spinach, and roasted garlic.
3. Whisk together the eggs and the milk in a large bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and top with the grated cheese.
4. Cook frittata in the oven until puffy and the center is set, insert knife in the middle and if it comes out clean, it’s done), about 25-30 minutes.
5. Combine the lemon juice, thyme, and shallots in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until vinaigrette is emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper .toss the arugula leaves with the vinaigrette.
6. Place the arugula salad in a mound in the middle of the frittata. Serve your guests tableside.
Directions for Corned Beef Hash
1. Place the diced potatoes in a sauce pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl. (This step can be prepared up to a day in advance.)
2. Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and sweat until the onions are soft. This step can also be prepared up to a day in advance.
3. Add the diced cooked potatoes and corned beef to the onion-pepper mixture and combine. Add the balance of the ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust the seasoning if necessary with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking the hash until the mixture turns golden brown.