- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups roasted corn (recipe below)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- avocado yogurt (recipe below)
- thinly slice Scottish smoked salmon
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Daniel Green
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, milk and eggs until smooth.
2. Mix in the corn, onion, green onions, cilantro and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add a large spoonful of batter (about ¼ cup) to the pan and cook until golden brown on each side (about 1-2 minutes per side).
4. Serve with avocado yogurt and thinly sliced Scottish smoked salmon
For the Avocado Yogurt:
Blend 2 cups of non fat plain Greek yogurt with 1 ripe avocado , the juice of ½ a lemon and a tablespoon of fresh dill.
For the Roasted Corn:
Place the corn in a large iron skillet and dry roast for 1-2 minutes as you stir. Then add some olive oil (1 -2 tablespoons) and fry, string continuously for another couple of minutes.
Serving option: serve with “relish”or side dish of corn mixed with some diced tomatoes , olive oil and chopped jalapeno pepper.