1. Make green curry paste ahead of time. Also cook quinoa in veggie broth and add in lemon grass for extra fragrance. Set aside.
2. Start with coconut oil/ghee in deep pan add in garlic, onion, and green curry paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes add in tomato paste, coconut milk. Add in pepper, fish sauce, choice of protein, lemon juice, mushrooms, green & red peppers, ginger, sprinkle cayenne.
3. Add in spinach and cherry tomatoes last, and serve with quinoa
4. Top with cilantro
Directions for Curry
1. If using whole coriander, cumin seeds, and black peppercorns, add to a small skillet and toast over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, shaking / stirring occasionally, or until fragrant and slightly deeper in color. Be careful not to burn! If using powder, skip this step.
2. Once seeds are toasted, add to a mortar and pestle and loosely crush. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, slightly cool the seeds, add them to a sandwich bag, and crush with a rolling pin or a heavy pan. Set aside.
3. To a food processor (or blender with a narrow base), add green chilies, bell pepper, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, green onions (or shallot), coriander, cumin, black pepper, turmeric, sea salt, lemon juice, lime zest + juice, oil / water, and maple syrup (or another sweetener). Blend / mix until a paste forms, scraping sides down as needed. The lemongrass can be difficult to grind at first but give it time! It's fine.
4. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest or juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, chilies for heat, maple syrup for sweetness, oil (or water) for creaminess, garlic for zing, ginger for brightness, or turmeric for more intense curry flavor.