Ingredients for the Coconut Panna Cotta
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 7 ¾ oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 13.5 oz cream
- 40.5 oz coconut milk
Ingredients for the Nori Cashew Crunch
- 3 cups rice crispies
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup butter
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup water
Ingredients for the Passion Fruit Curd
- 8 each whole eggs
- 8 each egg yolks
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 each vanilla beans
- 12 oz butter
Ingredients for the Blueberry Whipped Cream
- 1-quart heavy cream
- 2 cup blueberry compote (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Blueberry Compote
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
For the Coconut Panna Cotta:
1. Bloom gelatin in water.
2. Heat sugar, vanilla and cream
3. Whisk hot cream into gelatin.
4. Whisk coconut milk in last.
For the Nori Cashew Crunch:
1. Pour the rice crispies and toasted cashews onto 2 silpat lined sheet trays.
2. Combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt and water in a saucepot.
3. Cook stirring periodically until a medium caramel color is reached.
4. Pour the caramel over the crispies and cashews and toss to evenly distribute.
5. Place cashews and crispies into the oven at 300F for 3-4 minutes to reheat the caramel.
6. Toss the mixture again to distribute the caramel more evenly.
7. Repeat this process 4-5 times until the cashews and crispies are completely coated.
8. Let cool at room temperature.
For the Passion Fruit Curd:
1. In a sauce pot, heat sugar, vanilla beans and puree until it comes to a simmer (5 – 10 min).
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and yolks.
3. Temper the hot puree into the yolks and return to the stove.
4. Whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened. Do not boil.
5. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the butter until incorporated.
For the Blueberry Whipped Cream:
1. Whip together.
For the Blueberry Compote:
1. Simmer on low heat until it thickens and becomes syrupy (10-15 min).
1. Set the Panna cottas in the rocks glass and refrigerate until set (overnight is preferred)
2. Once it’s set top with a layer of passion fruit curd (enough to cover the entire Panna cotta at the top)
3. Then 2 tablespoons of the blueberry compote,
4. Put the blueberry whip in a piping bag and top the Panna cottas with a swirl of the whip cream (like a cupcake)
5. Sprinkle the crispies on top