ingredients for the Coconut Lime Colada
- 3.5 oz Taffers Pina colada mix
- 1.5 oz rum
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- toasted coconut for rim
Ingredients for the Bacon Crackers
- 8 thin Bacon Slices
- 24 Circular or Rectangular Butter Crackers
- Optional: ~¼ cup Chili Paste
Ingredients for the Onion Chive Dip
- 2 medium Yellow Onions
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter
- 12 ounces Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Soft Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅔ cup Minced Chives, plus more for garnish
Instructions for the Coconut Lime Colada:
1. Add all ingredients except for toasted coconut to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake vigorously.
3. Rim your serving glass with a bit of lime juice, then dip in toasted coconut.
4. Fill your glass with ice and strain your colada into the glass.
5. Garnish with fresh lime and pineapple slices.
Instructions for the Bacon Crackers:
Yield: 24 Crackers
1. Heat oven to 250˚.
2. Cut bacon slices into thirds, making 24 small pieces of bacon.
3. Optional: Spread thin layer of chili paste on crackers.
4. Wrap slice of bacon around cracker.
5. Arrange crackers in a singly layer seam side down on a greased wire rack in a baking sheet.
6. Bake in oven until bacon is crisp, about 1 ½ - 2 hours.
7. Remove from oven and cool briefly before eating.
Instructions for the Onion Chive Dip:
Yield: 5-6 cups, about 1.5 pints
1. Peel onions and slice thinly. Add onions to skillet with oil or butter over medium heat and sauté until deeply caramelized, 30-45 minutes. If they begin to stick to the pan or burn, add more oil and/or lower the heat. Season with salt as they reduce. Set aside and cool. Chop or mince when cool.
2. In medium bowl, beat sour cream together with goat cheese until smooth.
3. Stir salt, pepper, Worcestershire, chives, and caramelized onions into sour cream mixture. Garnish with extra scallions, serve with crackers or chips.
Get the more from the Episode >>