Home Cook Contest finalist Clara Young, Ph.D is making a delicious noodle dish with spicy kick.
- 1 lb Korean somen noodles.
- 3-4 cups mixed greens
- 3 cucumbers, finely julienned
- 1 Asian pear or fuji apple, julienned (optional)
- Kimchi, chopped (as much or as little as you desire)
- Radish or any kind of sprouts
- 4 Tbsp Korean red chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 tbsp of Korean chili powder
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 2 Tbsp organic or regular sugar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp green onions, finely chopped
1) Make the noodles/pasta following the instruction on the package.
In the meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and fruit toppings. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, stir and set aside.
3) Drain the noodles/pasta and rinse in cold water several times.
4) In a mixing bowl, add the noodles/pasta, toppings (veggies & fruits), and the sauce and toss well.
5) Serve in a bowl or a plate topped with sprouts. Enjoy.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page