- 12 Cinnamon Sugar Skonies Crushed
- 1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened and cut into small pieces
1. In a deep bowl vigorously stir together cake mix, eggs, water and oil until thoroughly combined and there are no lumps. (You may use a hand mixer for this if desired). Stir in cookie crumbs.
2. In a separate bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Using a knife, or a pastry blender, cut the softened butter into the mixture. Use your fingers to further combine the mixture until it looks like wet sand.
3. Grease pan or muffin tin or use non-stick spray.
4. Pour one half of the batter into the pan or muffin tins.
5. Divide the brown sugar mixture into two bowls. Sprinkle one bowl of the brown sugar mixture evenly over the batter.
6. Pour remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of batter.
7. For cake pans, place in preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. For muffin tin bake for approximately 22-25 minutes.