Makes 3x 6” rounds, 2x 8” rounds, or 24 cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep cake rounds with a wipe of shortening and dust of flour. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, buttermilk, vegetable oil, molasses ginger, and cloves. Sift in the flour and cake mix. Whisk until just combined, don’t overmix. Split cake batter evenly between prepared cake rounds.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center is fully baked. Do not overbake. Remove rounds from the oven, let cool in the pan for less than 5 minutes, then flip upside down onto wire rack to cool to room temperature. Wrap and chill/freeze before frosting.
ALMOND SPICED CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM
Makes 5 cups
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip up the butter and cream cheese on high until light and fluffy.
2. Add in vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and heavy cream.
3. Slowly add in the powdered sugar with the mixer on low speed about ½ cup at a time.
4. Add in more heavy cream or more powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE DRIP
1. In a medium glass bowl, microwave the caramel and heavy cream for a minute.
2. Stir and add to squeeze bottle for filling.
Green Gel Coloring
Wilton 1M Piping Tip