Directions for Fried Turkey
1. In a large stockpot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add kosher salt, brown sugar, bay leaf and peppercorns and stir until all sugar and salt has dissolved.
2. Place ice in a large 15-20 quart sized bucket and pour water mixture over ice. Stir until mixture is cooled completely throughout. Gently lower the turkey into the container until completely covered by brine.
3. You may need to weigh down the turkey with a heavy plate or bowl to ensure that it is completely submerged in the liquid. Cover and set in a cool dry place for 8-16 hours.
4. Remove the turkey from the brine, rinse with fresh cold water and pat dry. Allow to rest at room temperature 20-45 minutes before cooking.
5. Place oil in a 25-30 quart turkey fryer or a sturdy pot over an outdoor propane burner. Heat the oil to 250 degrees F. Once heated carefully lower the turkey into the oil. Once the turkey is added, raise the temperature of the oil to 350 degrees F. Continuously check the temperature of the fryer oil and adjust heat to maintain a steady 350 degrees F.
6. After 40 minutes, check the internal temperature of the turkey with a thermometer or probe. Remove the turkey once the breasts reach an internal temperature of 150-155 F. Allow turkey to rest for 30-45 minutes or until the meat has carried over to 165 F when temped with thermometer and turkey is cool enough to touch.
7. Carve by removing breasts and legs and slicing. Serve with biscuits and chili honey.
Directions for Miso Maple Butter
1. In a large mixer, paddle butter on low speed.
2. Slowly add reduction and continue to mix.
3. Scrape the sides of bowls and mix for another 1 min.
4. Taste of seasoning.
Directions for Miso Maple Reduction
1. In a large pot, mix together miso paste, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
2. Simmer for 15 min until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick.
3. Add soy sauce and simmer until reduced by one third.
4. Taste for seasoning.
Directions for Crack Shack Biscuits
1. In a large bowl, weigh out flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, weigh out shortening and place in walk in to chill.
3. Transfer dry ingredients to the large mixer and paddle on low speed.
4. Slowly add shortening and mix on low until small clumps appear.
5. Slowly add butter and continue to mix for 1 min.
6. Slowly add buttermilk and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
7. Transfer dough to a large bowl, sprayed with non-stick spray.
8. Chill and let rest for 30-60 mins before rolling and portioning.
Portioning and Method/Tips
1. Move quickly to avoid your dough getting too warm and butter melting.
2. Spray half sheet trays with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
3. Transfer dough to a lightly floured table.
4. Roll the dough to 1” thick (same height as sheet tray).
5. Portion with #50 biscuit cutter.
6. Place biscuits, evenly spaced out 8x6, on the half sheet trays.
7. Put parchment paper on top of biscuits and wrap with plastic.
8. Store in walk in until needed for service.
9. Lightly and evenly brush biscuits with egg wash before placing into oven.
10. Bake at 425°, Med humidity, Med fan for about 11 mins, rotate half way.
11. After baking remove from oven and brush with softened salted butter.