Ingredients for Pizza Dough
- 2 (¼ ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for oiling the dough
Ingredients for Toppings
- Mashed potatoes & brown gravy (acting as the base / sauce)
- Cranberry sauce
- Diced honey ham
- Chopped scallions
- Cheddar cheese
1. In a big bowl mix the yeast, sugar and 2 cups warm water. Let the yeast rest and bloom, about 7 minutes. When the yeast is bubbling, add the flours, cornstarch, salt, and oil. Mix well, then turn the dough out onto a floured surface (get all the dough out of the bowl or you’ll have to wash it) and knead for about 15 minutes. Get your dough nice and smooth. Oil the bowl, oil the dough, put the dough in the bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise on top of the fridge for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbles show on top and the dough is straining against the plastic, like a big dough zit.
2. Punch the dough down, turn it out onto a floured surface, cut it into three equal pieces, and shape them into balls. Cover with a towel and let the dough rest for about 15 minutes (it won’t roll out if you don’t let it rest).
3. To grill, roll out thin, oil well on both sides, grill on medium high for 4 minutes. Remove from the grill, add toppings to the grilled side, grill for 4 more minutes and the cheese is melted.