Directions for the Cheese Ball
1. Beat together cream cheese, goat cheese, cheddar, dill, and onion powder in large bowl.
2. Remove cheese mixture from bowl and place on sheet of parchment paper. Cover mound of cheese with plastic wrap. Using your hands, shape cheese into Christmas tree. If cheese ball is too soft, refrigerate in 20 minute-spans until firm enough to handle.
3. Pick up cheese-tree covered in plastic wrap and peel away parchment paper bottom. Carefully place cheese tree on platter.
4. Sprinkle and press parsley onto exterior of cheese-tree. Press squares of red pepper around tree as ornaments. Slide almond slices into tree like shingles, intermittently. Top with lemon peel star.
5. Place crackers around base and serve. Or keep chilled until ready to serve.
Directions for Toasts
1. In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovy fillets until anchovies have disintegrated.
2. Add mayonnaise to bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Shred/shave both cabbage and romaine, add to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Taste-adjust salt and pepper to preference.
4. Slice baguette in half as if making a very long sandwich. Scoop out as much interior bread as possible, reserve excess dough for another use (not this recipe).
5. Sprinkle ½ cup parmesan cheese over each baguette half. Place baguettes on baking sheet, broil for 2-3 minutes (until cheese and bread are beginning to brown).
6. Remove bread from broiler. Pile caesar slaw onto each baguette. Top each baguette half with another ½ cup parmesan cheese, covering the slaw.
7. Return baguettes on baking sheet to broiler, cook 2-5 minutes (until cheese is browned and bubbling.
8. Remove bread from broiler, slice on the bias, serve.