- 1 batch White Chocolate Mud Cake batter
- 12 push pop containers
- 5 Large candy canes
- 1 batch Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting
- 7 ounces white candy melts
- 12 white birthday candles
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 11 ½ x 15 ½ inch rimmed baking sheet. Line bottom with parchment paper.
2. Make the batter and spread into the baking sheet. Bake until the top of cake springs back when touched, 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for another 30 minutes until it’s just chilled.
4. Take an empty push pop container and use it as a guide to cut 36 rounds from the chilled cake using a sharp knife (save the scraps for making cake pop dough).
5. Place the candy canes in a zip-seal plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into small chunks. Make the frosting, folding in the crushed candy canes at the end. Transfer to a piping bag and cut off a ½ inch tip.
6. Place a round of cake into the base of each push pop container, followed by a swirl of frosting, then another cake round and another frosting swirl. Insert a third cake round, top with frosting, and use a knife to smooth and level the frosting to a flat top.
7. Melt the candy melts
8. Place 2 teaspoons of melted candy onto the top of the frosting and use the back of the spoon to gently push the melted candy over the side to create wax drips. Immediately insert a birthday candle into the top of each push pop.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page