Creator and founder of “How to Cake It” Yolanda Gampp makes her delicious Christmas Cakies.
- 1x recipe Yo's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Peppermint Patties
- Italian Meringue Buttercream (or one of my Holiday Italian Meringue Buttercream flavours)
- Instant Coffee
- Chocolate Cake Scraps (use leftovers from my Ultimate Chocolate Cake)
- Simple Syrup
- Skor Bars, chopped
- Gold Coarse Sugar
- Candy Melts White, Dark and Red
- Candy Canes, crushed
- Green Sprinkles
- Fancy Christmas Chocolate Chips
- Prepare your chocolate chip cookie dough. Roll it into even sized balls, about 2oz each. Toss some peppermint patties into some of your cookie dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes, or until they are golden at the edges.
- Prepare Yo’s Ultimate Chocolate Cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for the designated amount of time (depending on amount being baked), or until a cake tester comes out completely clean. Let cool completely in your pan. Note: this is where you can use your cake scraps, if you’ve got them around.
- Prepare your Italian Meringue Buttercream, Simple Syrup, and Ganache. Set aside.
- Remove your chocolate cake from your pan, and/or level your cake scraps, cutting circles that are smaller than your cookies. Soak your cake scraps in simple syrup and set them aside.
- Flavour some of your buttercream with instant coffee. Place 3 tablespoons of instant coffee in a jar, and pour 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Close the jar and shake until the instant coffee is dissolved. Let cool, then whisk into some of your buttercream.
- Place your candy melts in the microwave in 20 second increments. Dip your cookies halfway, wipe the excess off on the side of the bowl and lay them on a baking tray with a non stick mat or parchment paper. Drizzle some white candy melts on top. Let set.
- Set up a Cakie station with cookies, cake circles, ganache, buttercream, and all of your toppings!
- Spread a thin layer of ganache on the inside of two cookies, leaving a border around the edge. Place a cake circle in between your cookies.
- Spread buttercream all the way around you Cakie in between the two cookies. Gently roll and press the buttercream sides into your toppings
Yolanda Gampp's Christmas Cakies - Home & Family