This Susan Feniger recipe serves four.
- 1.5 cups Chipotle Salsa (see recipe)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil, to cook the egg
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Homemade Chorizo (see recipe), or a high quality Mexican chorizo, cooked until crispy and brown
- 1 cup grated Mexican manchego, or other melty cheese like Monterey Jack
- 6 to 8 cups corn tortilla chips
- 2 ripe California avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeño or serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired, and minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for serving (optional)
- In a wide skillet, bring salsa, broth, half and half, and heavy cream, to a boil.
- Add a fried egg, or diced avocado, crema or sour cream to make it look more appealing.