Ingredients Cake Batter
- 10 TB unsalted butter (1 stick + 2 TB)
- 1 c Guiness Extra Stout
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder (I used hershey’s dark)
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used kosher)
- scant 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 TB vanilla
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream liquor
Directions for Cake Batter
1) Put stout and butter in a saucepan and heat until butter melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and cocoa.
2) Mix flour, salt, baking soda in a large bowl; then add the chocolate stout mixture.
3) Mix eggs, vanilla and sour cream in medium bowl and add to the batter. Stir until smooth.
4) Fill cupcakes to within a 1/2” of the top. Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 20-25 minutes until tops spring back to touch. Cool on a rack and frost.
Directions for Frosting
1) Place cream cheese and softened butter into the bowl of your mixed and whip for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
2) Add the powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, and mix until smooth.
3) Slowly add in the Irish Cream liquor until incorporated.
4) Frost your cupcakes generously.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious Home & Family Pinterest Page