Directions for the Crust
1) Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
2) Stir together all crust ingredients. Press over bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate.
3) Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes, then cool.
Directions for the Filling
1) Melt chocolate in a large bowl.
2) Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a small bowl.
3) Whisk together whole eggs and yolks in another bowl, then whisk in cornstarch mixture.
4) Stir together milk, cream, salt, and remaining brown sugar in a heavy medium saucepan and bring just to a boil over medium heat. Pour half of milk mixture into the egg mixture in a slow stream, whisking, then pour egg mixture into saucepan with the remaining milk mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, then boil, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into melted chocolate and whisk to combine. Transfer hot filling to crust and chill, its surface covered with parchment, until filling is cold, about 3 hours.
Directions for the Whipped Cream
Beat cream with confectioners sugar and cinnamon using an electric mixer until it holds soft peaks. Spoon overchilled filling. Top with Valrhona chocolate curls and a touch of glitter.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page