Ingredients for Banana Frozen Yogurt
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Berries, chocolate chips, nuts to stir in
- Chocolate shell chocolate sauce (recipe below)
Ingredients for Chocolate Shell Sauce
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil (measured while solid)
Directions for Frozen Yogurt
1. Peel bananas and cut into 1-inch chunks.
2. Freeze banana chunks in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Once frozen, add banana chunks to food processor and blend until smooth with Greek
yogurt, honey, and salt. The banana chunks will progress from the texture of gravel, to
oatmeal, and finally to a smooth cream.
4. Pour banana ice cream into a dish or container, fold in any additional ingredients
berries, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.).
5. Freeze ice cream until solid (it will be quite soft immediately after blending).
6. Serve with chocolate shell sauce.
Directions for Chocolate Shell Sauce
1. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to the top bowl of a double-boiler.
2. Heat gently, stirring regularly, until completely smooth.
3. Cool sauce to room temperature before drizzling over ice cream.
4. Allow sauce to set on top of ice cream before cracking with a spoon.
5. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.