Ingredients for Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9x13-inch pan with foil, leaving just enough for a 2-3 inch overhang on all 4 sides. Grease the pan. It will be much easier to handle when cutting them once they are baked.
2. Make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until nice and fluffy in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Then add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
3. Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate and pecans. Pour over the baked crust.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool in the pan. Cut into bars.