Gigi’s Chocolate Cake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Step 1 - Melt in microwave and bring to a boil:
a. 1 cup water
b. 1/4 cup butter
c. 1/4 cup shortening
d. After melted, stir in 1/2 cup of cocoa
Step 2 - With a large whisk, mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl:
a. 2 cups All-Purpose flour
b. 2 cups sugar
c. Add dry ingredients (step 2) and liquid (step 1) together and whisk well.
Step 3 - In a small bowl, add:
a.2 beaten eggs
b. 1/2 teaspoon salt
c. 1 teaspoon vanilla
d. Add to bowl with cake mixture and whisk well.
Step 4 - In a separate bowl, dissolve
1 teaspoon baking soda in
a. 1/2 cup of buttermilk
7. Add to bowl with cake mixture and whisk well.
8. Pour into cupcake pans with liners.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.
10. Set aside and allow to cool before adding frosting.
Peanut Butter Fluff Filling
While the cupcakes are baking,
1. Take one cup of Jett Marshmallow Fluff and place in a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter, any brand, and stir until it is all completely mixed together. Set aside for later use.
Chocolate Dipped Pretzel
1. Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate flavored melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Dip one half of the pretzel stick in the chocolate and place on non-stick paper.
Gigi’s Buttercream Frosting
1. In an electric mixer, beat 1 ½ cups of butter until creamy
1. 7 cups of powdered sugar
2. 5 Tablespoons milk
3. 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Mix on low until combined and increase speed and beat well until the frosting is light and fluffy. Approximately 4 min.
1. Divide the frosting evenly into 2 bowls.
2. Mix in 1/4 cup of peanut butter in one bowl.
3. Mix in 1/4 cup cocoa in other bowl.
Take a pastry bag with a star tip and fill one side with the peanut butter frosting and the other side with the chocolate frosting. Set aside.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
1. Take 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter in a microwavable cup and melt until smooth and liquid. Put in a bottle for easy drizzling.
Mix in a microwave safe bowl, heat
1. Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in microwave for 2 min then add 1 cup semi-sweet chips and mix together until chips are melted.
2. Pour into a bottle for easy drizzling.
Place cooled cupcakes on a plate.
1. Poke a hole in the middle of each cupcake.
2. Fill the cupcake with the Peanut Butter Fluff.
3. Take the bag of frosting that you have both frosting in and make a swirl on the cupcake.
4. Top it with a half-dipped chocolate pretzel
5. Drizzle with the chocolate ganache and then drizzle the other direction with peanut butter.