- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixer combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and spices on medium speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low until everything is just combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
4. Transfer batter to 2 sprayed loaf pans. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until a knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Remove the loaf pans from the oven and let the chocolate chip pumpkin bread cool for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.