- 1 ½ cups sugar + 1 Tablespoon
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons AP flour
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 parbaked pie shell
Recipe Courtesy Valerie Gordon – ValerieConfections.com
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine 1 ½ cups sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt with a whisk.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine butter, paste, eggs and evaporated milk.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and thoroughly combine.
5. Pour the pie filling into a parbaked pie shell and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of sugar over the top.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the filling no longer jiggles and the top has a nice crust.
Serving Suggestion: serve chilled with whipped cream; dust with cocoa powder