- 4 hot dogs
- 4 Hawaiian hot dog buns (made from 3 attached Hawaiian rolls each) sliced 2/3 down the middle
- 1/4 c butter (softened)
- 8 slices white Swiss American cheese
- 1 c Haus chili (recipe below)
- 1/2 c chipotle aioli
- 1/2 c crispy onions
Chipotle Aiole Ingredients
- 1/4 c chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 T lime juice
Ingredients for Haus Chili
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3 chipotles in adobe
- 1.6 oz Tomato paste
- 3.2 beef stock
- 1.7 oz Chili seasoning mix
*For Chipotle Aioli - Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to squeeze bottle for use.
1. Grill hot dogs over medium heat on grill or in a frying pan until nicely browned and hot.
2. Spread bread butter on the sliced side of buns and toast over medium-high heat.
3. Lay two slices of cheese in bun overlapping in diamond shape.
4. Place hot dog in the bun. Top with¼ c chili
5. Squeeze on chipotle aioli back and forth across the dog.
6. Top each dog with 2T Crispy onions.
Instructions for the Haus Chili:
1. In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat add oil
2. Add onions - sauté until translucent
3. Add ground beef and chipotles breaking it down to very small chunks
4. Cook on high until beef is browned
5. Adjust the flame to medium and add tomato paste and beef stock
6. Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes
7. Add chili seasoning
8. Reduce the temp to low and cook for another 15 minutes
9. Make sure to stir frequently so the bottom does not burn.