Ingredients for Cali-Flour Pizza Crusts
- 5 ounces (1 cup) Cauliflower Meal
- ½ cup shredded low-moisture whole milk mozzarella cheese (not fresh)
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tbsp minced jalapeño chile
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ garlic powder
Ingredients for Chili Chocolate Cauliflower Pie
- 3 ounces (85 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces (55 g) soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Spicy Jalapeño Cali’flour Pizza Crust, baked for a few minutes longer than specified in the recipe
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Small fresh mint leaves
This dish is Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Keto Friendly and Vegetarian
Directions for Cali'Flour Meal
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Cut the cauliflower into quarters through the core, then cut out the core & leaves from each quarter in one cut.
3. Trim any remaining core & leaves.
4. Break the cauliflower into approx. 2-inch florets. It’s ok if they’re a little bigger or smaller.
5. Put half of the cauliflower in food processor & process, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula a few times, until the cauliflower is uniformly broken down to texture.
Directions for Cali'Flour Pizza Crusts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients & mix with a rubber spatula to incorporate. Form the dough into a disc shape, then using your hands press the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet to form an even 9-inch circle.
3. Place in oven & bake for about 30 minutes, until firm & lightly browned
4. Remove from the oven & use a metal spatula to slide the crust onto a wire rack to cool before adding your toppings.
Directions for Chili Chocolate Cauliflower Pie
1. Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Bring about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water to a simmer in a small saucepan.
2. Set the bowl atop the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
3. Stir the chocolate frequently until almost completely melted, then remove from the heat and stir until fully melted.
4. Add the cayenne. Let cool.
5. Put the goat cheese in a small bowl.
6. Add the cream and whisk with a fork to incorporate.
7. Spread the goat cheese mixture over the crust.
8. Drizzle the chocolate over the crust in any design you like, then top with the almonds and mint.
9. Slice and serve.