- ½ can (21.5 oz) BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®
- 1 can (15 oz) BUSH’S® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 each large poblano chiles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 each medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 each jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- ½ each red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon favorite hot sauce
- 12 ounces pepper Jack or Monterey Jack, coarsely grated (or sub for your preferred low-fat grated cheese)
- You'll also need 1½ cups hardwood chips or chunks; or smoker box
1. Place beans and grilled corn in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create boat for filling; scrape out seeds.
3. Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet and add onion, jalapeños, red bell pepper and cumin.
4. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
5. Stir mixture into bowl with beans and corn, add cilantro, hot sauce and half the cheese.
6. Spoon mixture into hollowed chiles and top with remaining cheese.
7. Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high. Add wood chips to coal or grill’s smoker box.
8. Place chiles rellenos on grill grate away from heat.
9. Grill until chiles are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30-40 minutes.
10. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
11. Serve with remaining BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans on the side.
12. Pairs well with BUSH’S® Grilled Pork Porterhouses with Asian Seasonings and Chinatown Barbecue Sauce
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page