Ingredients for the Chicken
- 2 chicken breast boneless skinless no tender- 6oz
- seasoned flour
- 1 T oil for sautéing
- 2 t butter
- 2 Garlic Clove -Sliced
- 1 Jalapeno- Sliced
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- ⅓ c Tequila- Casamigos Reposado
- ½ c Demi-glace
- ½ c Chicken Stock
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Cucumber Tomato Raita
- 1 C plain yogurt
- ½ t Salt
- 1 t Lemon Juice
- 1 Medium Tomato - peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 Medium Cucumber - peeled and chopped into a small dice
- 1 T fresh mint, julienne
For the Chicken:
1. Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour.
2. Melt the butter and add oil to a sauté pan, add the chicken, sauté on medium heat until golden brown, flip over.
3. Add the garlic and jalapenos, sauté until garlic is light brown.
4. Pour out any remaining oil.
5. Deglaze with the tequila, making sure to scrape up the fond, reduce by ½.
6. Add the demi-glace and chicken stock.
7. Place in an oven on 3500 until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickened.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
For the Cucumber Tomato Raita:
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon juice and salt, mix well.
2. Fold in cucumber, mint and tomato.
3. Pour out any remaining oil.
4. Deglaze with the tequila, making sure to scrape up the fond.
5. Add the Demi place and chicken stock.
6. This can be placed in the oven or stove top.
7. when the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and reduce the sauce, add the butter to finish and adjust seasoning.
*This dish is served over brown rice, sautéed peppers and onion mixed together, as well as a tomato cucumber raita