- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Ground black pepper (1 tsp)
- Yellow onion (1, thinly sliced)
- Garlic cloves (4, minced)
- Paprika (1 tbsp)
- Ground cumin (1 tbsp)
- Ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Ground ginger (1 tsp)
- Chicken broth (1 cup)
- White wine (1 cup)
- Lemon (1, cut into wedges)
- Green olives, pitted (1 cup)
1. In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on all sides until golden.
3. Remove and add onion.
4. Saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
5. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and ginger.
6. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil.
8. Add chicken and lemon wedges, cover, and reduce to a simmer.
9. Cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
10. Remove chicken and place on a platter or in a tagine.
11. Add olives to pan and increase heat to medium-high.
12. Boil uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
13. Pour over chicken and serve immediately.