- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- ½ cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
Recipe submitted by Susan Hein of Burlington, WI
Cook: 15 min.
Prep: 20 min. 4 Servings Recipe:
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach, chicken, drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli; add to the pan. Cook until heated through and spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil.
Chicken & Spinach Mostaccioli Recipe
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.