- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- ½ cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
Recipe submitted by Susan Hein of Burlington, WI
Cook: 15 min.
Prep: 20 min. 4 Servings Recipe:
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach, chicken, drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli; add to the pan. Cook until heated through and spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil.
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.