Registered dietician Vanessa Rissetto is making a healthy side dish with a kick.
- 2 links of spicy chicken sausage
- 5oz. of brussels sprouts shredded
- 6 ½ oz of zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Chicken Sausage Brussels Sprout Saute - Home & Family
1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add in sausage, breaking with a wooden spoon for 6-8 mins, until browned. Remove and transfer to plate.
2. Add oil to the skillet, brussels sprouts, shallots, and garlic and cook on med./high heat until golden on edges, 4-5 mins. Set aside with sausage.
3. Add zoodles to skillet with broth and red pepper flakes until zoodles are al dente.
4. Add sausage and brussels sprouts to the skillet. Add cheese and bon appetit!