- 3 boneless breasts of chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped chunky
- 1 green pepper, chopped chunky
- 1 large carrot, peeled sliced thinly
- 2 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 2-3 tsp. hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 jar mango chutney or fruit salsa
1. In a large skillet sauté garlic, onion 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and sauté till cooked but tender add green pepper and carrots. Sauté 1-2 min.
2. Add chicken broth, potatoes and as much water as needed to cover everything. Simmer till potatoes are very tender and begin to reduce broth.
3. Add all spices and flavorings to taste. Cover and turn off. This can now stand till just before serving time. It will thicken a little as it cools.
4. At suppertime heat the roti mixture to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon. You want a nice thick curry stew.
5. Reduce more if too runny. Warm tortillas, place on plate, put generous portion of roti in center of tortilla.
6. Fold into flat tube with ends folded under. Serve with chutney on top. Salad and rice are excellent additions.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.