- 2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks of celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup of onion, small dice
- 3 Carrots, small dice
- 2 Russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth
- I tube of Pillsbury crescent roles
1) Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Season and cook in in a hot pan until brown on one side. Flip over and cover with a lid.
2) Sweat onion, carrot, celery in a pan until caramelized, about 5-7 min
3) Quickly blanch potatoes until fork tender, approximately 2 minutes
4) Add everything else (veggies, potatoes, corn peas, soup mix, stock etc) to a pan and stir, bring to a boil. Take the pan off the heat.
5) Transfer the pot pie into a deep casserole dish. Open your crescent roles and press the seams together so they are no longer in triangles, but in rectangles. Stretch them across the top of the casserole dish like a pie crust.
6) Put in the oven just long enough to cook the crescent roles. Follow the directions on the package.
I cut the casserole into big square pieces and then serve it in a big soup bowl! Everyone gets the pot pie and square of toasty crescent roles.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page