- 1 cup large pineapple chunks (grilled and then diced)
- 1 cup diced jicama (in lime juice)
- 1 lbs ground chicken (99% fat free)
- 1 bunch washed scallions
- 4 radish
- 1/2 cup washed and chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp 5 spice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes ( optional )
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 lime + 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 head of cleaned and washed butter lettuce
1. Create an assembly line of ingredients! Place the butter lettuce cups on a nice white plate, at the beginning of the assembly line. Fresh mint leaves at the end of the line to top each lettuce cup!
2. Heat your grill to high. Spray lightly with olive oil non stick spray and place pineapple & scallions on the grill. Be sure to keep an eye on the scallions as you’ll want to remove them when charred on one side, about a minute. Roughly chop and set aside. Turn the pineapple regularly until charred all over. About 5 minutes. Set aside. When cool enough, cut into a small bite size dice and place in the same bowl as the scallions.
3. Dice the pre peeled jicama + slice the radishes in half and then into thin moon shapes with a mandolin or with a knife, place together in a medium family-style bowl with lime juice, freshly chopped cilantro & a pinch of salt, and set next to the grilled pineapple.
4. In a medium size pan, sauté the ground chicken using olive oil spray. Add the cumin, 5 spice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook through, turn off heat and add the sesame oil. Place mixture in a family-style bowl, and place between the jicama and pineapple bowls.
5. To Assemble, place two lettuce cups on your plate. Scoop a spoonful of smoky ground chicken in each cup, another spoonful of grilled pineapple/scallions, top with a small pinch of the jicama + radish salsa and fresh mint.
6. Serve with a lime wedge on the side and enjoy!