- 1 4lb whole chicken
- 2-3 thyme sprigs
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Kosher salt
1. Stuff the chicken with the thyme and lemon halves and sprinkle the outside with salt.
2. Place the chicken in a crock pot (also known as a slow cooker).
3. Place the cover on the crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours (3 ½ - 4 hours for a 5lb chicken).
4. Using a meat thermometer, make sure the chicken is cooked to 160 degrees (the times on different slow cookers may vary).
5. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into pieces (this allows the juices to redistribute and the chicken to remain extremely juicy).
*NOTE: The skin on the chicken won’t be golden because this is more of a steaming method, but the meat will be outrageously moist, tender, and juicy.