- 3 organic chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to ¾ inch thick
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold the chicken and about 1 cup of liquid.
- To prepare the marinade, in a glass bowl whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, marmalade, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover the container, and refrigerate for 8 hours or, even better, overnight. This will tenderize the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt.
- Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet until hot, or fire up your outdoor grill. Brush the surface of the grill with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Turn down the heat to medium-high. Place the chicken pieces on the grill, 3 inches apart. Do not place chicken pieces too close together, or they will create steam. Grill chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to grill for 1 minute more on each side for a total grilling time of 8 minutes. Some of the pieces may grill faster if they are thinner than the others. Keep your eye on the chicken so it doesn’t overcook or burn.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into strips or serve whole.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.