- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4r oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. White Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into pieces the size of a dime
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 -2 Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 2/3 cups White Barley
- Salt & Pepper
1. In a soup pan, add extra virgin olive oil. Sauté onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms until they are soft.
2. Add chicken and sauté until slightly browned.
3. Add oregano and bay leaves.
4. Add chicken stock.
5. Bring it to boil. Stir in the white barley.
6. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 or until barley is tender.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.