1. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Sprinkle sugar on work surface, place thawed-but-cool pastry dough on top. Sprinkle more sugar on top surface of dough, then roll out to roughly 12x14.
3. Place the dough in a portrait-orientation (instead of a landscape-orientation), then brush jam on the top half.
4. Fold the bottom half of the dough up onto the jam covered half.
5. Brush exposed dough with egg wash.
6. Cut the folded dough into 1-inch strips.
7. Twist strips 2-3 times, until nicely spiraled, then place on parchment-lined baking sheet an inch apart.
8. Chill twists for 15-30 minutes.
9. Heat your oven to 400˚.
10. Bake twists for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown on top.
11. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.