- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1½ cups unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Place baking cups in 2 (24-cup) miniature muffin pans.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine the coconut sugar and coconut oil in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat at high speed until very light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition. Add the yogurt and the almond extract; beat at medium-low speed until incorporated. With the mixer running on lowest speed, add the flour mixture, and beat just until the batter comes together (it will resemble cookie dough). Fold in the cherries and ½ cup of the shredded coconut.
3. Place 2 tablespoons of the batter in each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining ¼ cup shredded coconut. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the scuffin comes out clean and the coconut is toasted on top, about 15 minutes. Cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the scuffins from the pan, and cool completely on the rack.