Ingredients for Clafoutis
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup blackberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Ingredients for Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and eggs until pale yellow. Slowly add the melted cooled butter until evenly combined. Add the flour and salt and whisk until batter is smooth.
3. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking until smooth and shiny. Add both extracts and stir to combine.
4. Butter a 9 inch baking dish or skillet.
5. Place the cherries and blackberries in a buttered baking dish or skillet. Pour the batter over the fruit.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 15 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar. Serve and dollop with whipped cream
For the Cream
7. Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean until medium stiff peaks form and then set aside.