Serves 4 - 6
• 3 oz butter
• 1 onion, diced • 6oz potatoes, diced • 1 pint chicken stock • ¾ pint whole milk • ¼ pint heavy cream • 4 cups mixed greens such as sorrel, dandelions, arugula and watercress! • olive oil • 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled • Flowers for garnish Recipe:
- Melt butter in saucepan, when it begins to foam, add the onions and potatoes. Stir and season. Reduce heat to low, place lid on and let sweat for about 8 minutes.
- Add stock, cream and milk together and bring back to the boil until potatoes are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the greens and boil for 2 minutes longer.
- Place soup in food processor and pulse.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and drizzle with olive oil.
Corned Beef and Brussel Sprout Hash with Parsley Sauce (Modernized)
• 4 lb corned brisket
• 3 large carrots, cut into chunks • 6 small onions, halved • 1 tablespoon dry English mustard • 2 sprigs thyme and some parsley stalks, tied together • 1 head of cabbage • 2 tablespoons salt • 1 tablespoon peppercorns Recipe:
- Put the brisket into a saucepan with the carrots, onions, mustard and the herbs. Cover with cold water, and bring gently to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 2 hours. Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage, cut in quarters and add to the pot.
- Cook for a further 1 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender.
- Serve the corned beef in a large rectangular piece 1 inch by 3 inches.
- Place hash (recipe below) in the center of a plate, place piece of corned beef on top, spoon 1 tablespoon of parsley sauce on top.
Brussels Sprouts Hash
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter • 2 onions, diced! • 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice • 1 cup chicken stock • 6 tbsp (⅓ cup) roughly chopped fresh parsley • 10 brussels sprouts, shredded • Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste Recipe:
- Heat 2 tablespoon of the oil and the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and potato and gently sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown.
- Next, stir in the chicken stock and brussels sprouts, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Season to taste and leave to cook gently for 7 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Carefully stir all but 1 tablespoon of the parsley through the now cooked hash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
• 7oz unsalted butter
• 7oz plain flour • 5cups whole milk • Large bunch fresh curly parsley, finely chopped • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Recipe:
- The make the parsley sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour, cook for 2-3 minutes then slowly add the milk to the pan, whisking continually, until you have a thick white sauce!
- Add the parsley and cook for a further five minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
White Chocolate Pot de Creme
Makes 12 ramekins
• 13 ounces good quality white chocolate
• 3 cups heavy cream • 1 ½ cups whole milk • 2 teaspoons mint extract • 12 egg yolks • 5 tablespoons sugar • Creme fraiche, for garnish Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the chocolate in large bowl and set aside. Bring the cream and milk, just to a boil, in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour the mixture over the chocolate and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the extract, the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until well combined. Remove the plastic wrap, and stir the chocolate and milk mixture with a spatula until well combined. The mixture should not be grainy.
- Whisk the egg mixture slowly into the chocolate until incorporated. Arrange 12 ramekins in a large, deep baking dish filled halfway with water. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly into the ramekins. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until they are set and there is only a small wiggle when moved. Remove from the oven, carefully take the ramekins from the water bath and let cool.
- Pour Baileys Chocolate ganache onto each ramekin to create a layer, about 1-2 tablespoons per ramekin. Let set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
Baileys Chocolate Ganache
• 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
• ½ cup heavy cream • 1 tablespoon baileys chocolate cream
- Bring cream to the boil, pour over chocolate, let sit for 5 mins, stir in the baileys.