Ramen Burgers Ingredients:
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 slices American cheese
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1½ cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
Donut Ice Cream Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 doughnut, any kind you like
- 1 generous scoop of coffee ice cream
- Melted chocolate
Ramen Burger Recipe:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add ramen noodles. Boil, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Allow noodles to cool slightly.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir noodles into eggs until evenly coated. Divide noodles into 6 burger-size ramekins or bowls. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly over noodles and stack another bowl on top to flatten noodles. Refrigerate until firm, 20 minutes.
- Mix beef, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl. Divide beef mixture into three equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Invert each ramen bowl, gently tapping the bottom of the bowl until ramen loosens, careful to maintain bun shape.
- Fry each ramen bun, without moving noodles, in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip each bun and continue frying until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more. Ramen bun should be crispy on one side and slightly softer on the other. Transfer buns to large plate with the crispy side up.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet used to fry ramen over medium heat. Cook beef patties until burgers are lightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140° F (60° C). Arrange a slice of American cheese over each burger and continue to cook until melted, about 1 minute more.
- Mix ketchup and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl; spread mixture over.
Donut Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe:
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit on countertop to soften ever so slightly while you prepare the doughnuts.
- Slice each doughnut in half around the middle. Our tool recommendation: a long, serrated bread knife.
- Place a generous scoop of ice cream on a small plate. Using a spatula, flatten the scoop of ice cream to the same diameter as your doughnuts. Place the flattened scoop of ice cream on half the doughnut. "Close" the sandwich with the other half of the doughnut.
- Place prepared doughnut sandwiches in freezer temporarily.
- Melt your chocolate.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer. Dip each sandwich into melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
" Top Chef Boston " premieres October 15 at 10/9c on Bravo.
Follow chef Richard Blais on Twitter @richardblais.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.