• 1 Lbs. Black or Striped bass fillets, portioned into 6 ounce pieces.
• Salt and pepper as needed • 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle fillets with oil and reserve.
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Rub the grill with a little bit of vegetable oil. At the first sign of white smoke on the grill.
- Lay the fish on the grill until marks form about 2 or 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and grill on the other side until cooked through.
- Once, cooked through, remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
• 1 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
• Juice and zest of one lime • ¼ cup chopped cilantro • 1-2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle pepper, plus more as needed • Salt and pepper Recipe:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add more chipotle as desired. Season well with salt and pepper.
Putting Together the Sandwich
• French Bread
• Tomato Recipe:
- Lightly Toast the split bread.
- Spread a generous amount of Chipotle crema on both insides of the bread.
- Build the sandwich with the fish first, then a layer of tomatoes. Top with salad and then serve immediately.
Grilled Fish Sandwich with Chef Jet Tila
Get more great recipes from Chef Jet Tila at chefjet.com and on twitter @Jettila.