- 1T tahini
- 1 qt. Blanched Green Peas
- ¼ t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Ea. Roasted Garlic Cloves
- Juice of 1 Lemons
- ¼ C. Olive Oil Blend
- ¼ C. Water if needed
- ¼ t. Sumac
- ¼ t. Cumin
THE PRESERVED LEMON AIOLI:
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon dice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 ea egg yolks
- 1 ea small garlic clove
- 2 cups blended oil
- ice cubes as needed
- 1 ea lemons, juiced to taste
THE “CRAB CAKE”:
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup onion (small dice)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (small dice)
- ¼ cup celery hearts (small dice)
- 2 14 oz cans heart of palm (shredded by hand to crab consistency)
- 1 ½ T. old bay seasoning
- ¼ cup Veganaise
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 cup FINE panko plus more for dusting
- 1 T nori powder or kelp granules (optional)
- 4 T nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 1 t. lemon zest
- Light salt and pepper
- Grape seed oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients but the water in a food processor. Puree until smooth, constantly scraping down. Add water if necessary, to keep the blade spinning. Season with aromatics, salt and black pepper and pass through a strainer.
Preserved Lemon Aioli
- In a food processor begin by whipping the preserved lemon, mustard, egg yolks and garlic and slowly drizzle in 1 ½ cup of the blended oil. Add an ice cube if needed to keep the mixture cool. Stop the machine and wipe down the sides of the bowl, add the lemon juice. Turn the machine back on and slowly drizzle in the last half cup of oil. Finish with salt to taste and pass through a strainer.
*If making vegan option simply combine preserved lemon, mustard, garlic and 2 C vegan mayonnaise in food processor. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
The "Crab" Cake
- Fold all ingredients together.
- Cover and chill.
- Once cool and firm, form 2 oz patties (smaller for tray passed) Lightly dredge them in fine panko breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place back in fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Cakes can be baked or cooked stove-top!
- Warm a large fry pan to medium high heat.
- Add 1 T. cooking oil and heat till it shimmers in the pan.
- Place cakes in one at a time cook until golden approx. 2 minutes each side.
- Put in oven to keep warm. Smear the hummus on the plate, arrange 2 cakes per plate. Dot the plate with remaining aioli and any extra tomatoes!