• Bartlet, Bosc or French Butter Pears (firm is preferred) (4)
• Locally Foraged Forest floor rinsed in water. (you can also use an assortment of local herbs and grass if preferred) (1) • Burrata or Fresh Mozzarella (1 tub) • Cooked Lentils (2 cups) • Canola Oil for frying (1 qt) • 1 sprig Basil • 4 sprigs Mustard Greens • 1 lemon juiced • Olive oil • Sea Salt
- In a heavy bottomed pot, lay down half of the forest floor.
- Add the pears to the pot and cover with the remaining forest floor.
- Cover with a damp towel and then tent the pot with foil or use a sturdy lid. Cook pears in a 350 F oven for three hours. Allow pears to cool with no lid or towel within the forest floor. Once cooled remove and gently brush off anything sticking.
- Meanwhile, bring the oil up to about 360 in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Gently add the lentils, careful not to splatter.
- Cook until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain and dry on a towel.
- Slice pairs in quarters the long way.
- Remove the seeds then slice again.
- Toss the pears in a bowl and season with olive oil, lemon and salt to taste.
- Place a large scoop of buratta at the base of a bowl then arrange the pears on top.
- Spoon some of the seasoned crispy lentils along the side of the cheese and pears.
- Garnish with torn leaves of basil and mustard greens.