- 2 cans coco lopez (syrup only)
- 4½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ can coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- 2 cups toasted coconut - save half to fold into the sorbet see below*
- Shredded coconut to fold into sorbet and top when serving.
- 1 coconut cut in half
- Mint sprigs
Makes: 12 Servings
- In a 350° F oven, toast shredded coconut about 4–5 minutes.
- In a pot, add coco lopez syrup, milk, heavy cream, coconut milk, and vanilla bean. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Once coconut mixture starts to simmer, add 1 cup of toasted coconut and take off the heat.
- Cover a few times with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- Strain coconut mixture into an ice bath and cool completely.
- Once cold, follow the manufacturer's directions.
- When sorbet is ready to come out, fold in the remaining toasted coconut and freeze.
- Serve sorbet in a ½ of a coconut and garnish with toasted coconut and mint.
For more with chef Chris Brugler, please visit cbcatering.com and follow him on Twitter @ChefChrisCater.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.
Chef Chris Brugler's Toasted Coconut Sorbet & Basil Ice Cream