Makes 8 servings * Note: Make sure you cut the garnish items while you are prepping the gazpacho ingredients.
3 pounds vine ripened tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 bunch basil, washed and cut
- 4 cups sourdough bread, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 red pepper seeds, removed and diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water, possibly 2, depending on the consistency you prefer
- Garnish Ingredients: ½ red pepper, medium diced
- ½ cucumber, medium diced
- 1 bunch scallions, fine diced
- Sourdough croutons
- Manchego cheese shaving
- Preparation: Add first 11 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, squeeze and mix well so the juices are released from the tomatoes.
- Marinade gazpacho mixture for 1 hour. In a blender or food processor, purée gazpacho mixture in batches.
- Strain gazpacho and adjust salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and top off with your garnish ingredients.
Get additional recipes from Chef Chris Brugler at http://chrisbruglercatering.com/. Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.