This delicious sandwich serves two.
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread (cut from a loaf ideally)
- 2 each Regal Springs Tilapia Filet (6 oz. ideally)
- 1 quart water
- 3 lemons - sliced in half
- 1 limes - sliced in half
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomato
- 8 slices bacon - cooked
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing (Whisk together):
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon Old-Bay Seasoning
Tilapia BLT - Home & Family
For the Tilapia:
- Bring 1 quart of water, lemons, limes, thyme, and garlic to a boil.
- Add the tilapia and turn the heat down so it cooks at a lazy bubble until firm, about 4 minutes.
- Strain and cool in the fridge. When cool, gently flake into large pieces and toss in a touch of lemon juice and olive oil.
For the Sandwich:
- Toast/Grill the sourdough bread. Brush base of bread liberally with the dressing.
- Top with lettuce tomato, avocado, bacon and Tilapia.
- Drizzle the second piece of toast liberally with more dressing. Top and slice to serve.
You can find more from Chef Andrew Gruel, Founder Slapfish Restaurant, at SlapfishRestaurant.com