Chef Andre Rush shows two ways to tackle delicious game day platters.
Mini Frank Kebabs, Foil Franks & Potatoes
Mini Frank Kebabs: 16 Foil Franks & Potatoes: 4
MINI FRANK KEBABS:
- 3 feltman’s of coney island hot dogs
- 8 cubes of fresh pineapple
- 8 cubes of cheddar, or cheese of choice
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ yellow, orange or red bell pepper
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced
FOIL FRANKS & POTATOES:
- One 1-lb. Pack feltman’s of coney island hot dogs
- 1 ½ lbs. Red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
PINEAPPLE-PEPPER FRANK KEBABS:
- Grill three hot dogs on high heat for approx. 5 minutes or on a large skillet set to medium heat for approx. 6-7 minutes, until desired char is achieved. Let rest for 5 minutes to cool.
- Slice hot dogs into ¾-inch slices, discarding the ends; set aside.
- Cut fresh bell peppers into ½-inch slices; set aside.
- Center one pineapple cube on each toothpick; then add a hot dog slice to each side.
- Next, add a slice of red, green, or orange bell pepper slice to each side, alternating colors as desired. Set aside.
PICKLE & CHEESE FRANK KEBABS:
- Cut remaining hot dog rounds in half to create half-moon slices; set aside.
- Cut cheddar cheese into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- Center one cube of cheddar on each toothpick; then add a pickle slice to each side.
- Next, add one halved hot dog slice, face up, to each end of the toothpick.
- Assemble on a platter with pineapple pepper frank kebabs and serve.
FOIL FRANKS & POTATOES:
- Grill hot dogs on high heat for approx. 5 minutes or on a large skillet set to medium heat for approx. 6-7 minutes, until desired char is achieved. Let rest for approx. 5 minutes to cool.
- Once cool, cut hot dogs into ½-in. Slices and combine in a large bowl with quartered potatoes, chopped onion, olive oil, and diced parsley. Add kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Divide mixture amongst 4 individual sheets of heavy-duty foil (approx. 12x16 in.), spooning each portion into the center of the sheet and folding tightly to create four individually sealed packets.
- Grill packets on medium heat for approximately 12-15 minutes on each side until potatoes are soft enough to cut with a fork.
- Remove packets from the grill; carefully open to allow steam to escape before serving.