- 2 cups Cauliflower rice (*recipe below)
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
Ingredients for Caluiflower Rice
- 1 (3-pound) head cauliflower
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Line 10 holes of a muffin pan with parchment paper cups
3. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, scallions, chives, garlic, ¾ cup of cheddar, and parmesan. Mix to incorporate.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper
5. Add the almond flour mixture to the cauliflower rice mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the coconut milk into a liquid measuring cup. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
7. Add the coconut milk mixture to the cauliflower mixture and stir, scraping the bottom, until the mixture is homogenous.
8. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them just about to the top.
9. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cheddar cheese.
10. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are set but not colored (do not let them brown)
11. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan and serve.
12. The biscuits will keep, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer. Defrost at room temperature, then reheat in a toaster oven.
Directions for Cauliflower Rice
1. Cut the cauliflower into quarters through the core, then cut out the core & leaves from each quarter in one cut.
2. Trim any remaining core & leaves.
3. Break the cauliflower into approx. 2-inch florets. It’s ok if they’re a little bigger or smaller.
4. Put half of the cauliflower in a food processor & pulse the florets 15-20 times, until the pieces are the size of grains of rice, scraping the sides of the machine once or twice and keeping in mind that it doesn’t have to be perfect and likely will not be!
5. If any large chunks remain, reserve them and pulse them in the second batch.
6. Use as directed in your recipe, or immediately cover and refrigerate (Cauliflower rice starts to turn very quickly when left out) for up to 3 days. Do not freeze.