- 1⁄ 2 (16-ounce) package vanilla-flavored
- candy coating, CandiQuik®
- 2 (18.25-ounce) boxes white cake mix, Betty Crocker®
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄ 2 cup water
- 2⁄ 3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 (16-ounce) cans whipped fluffy white frosting, Betty Crocker®
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, Domino®
- Blue food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 3 (9-inch) cake pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
2. In a small bowl, melt candy coating in microwave. Pour into 8 cameo molds; let stand until firm. Reserve any remaining candy coating for another use.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, egg whites, Champagne, water, and oil. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Increase speed to medium, and continue beating for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
4. In a large bowl, combine frosting and confectioners’ sugar. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add blue food coloring, until desired color is reached. Spread frosting between layers and o top and sides of cake. Place candy cameos around sides of cake.
Note: Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. We purchased cameo molds at cakesnthings.com.